Founder and President of Care is There Geriatric Care Management
Certified Aging in Place Specialist
Certified Senior Advisor
434.326.5323 ext 2
Elizabeth founded Care is There Geriatric Care Management as a way to empower everyone involved in the care giving process: the care receivers, their loved ones, the care givers, and all the service providers who lovingly offer their skills and expertise.
Elizabeth spent many years as a corporate finance executive, and found that her most rewarding moments came when she was building teams, mentoring employees, and developing creative win-win solutions to challenging situations.
Through “Care is There” she contributes that expertise to people who want wonderful lives despite limitations or complications caused by health problems, the loss of care giving partners, or geographic distances between loved ones.
In addition to being the active president of Care is There and a Certified Senior Advisor*, Elizabeth serves her community in the following capacities:
- Founder and Chairwoman, The Good Life Design Collaborative, a community group focused on educating, connecting, and inspiring senior citizen service professionals and consumers
- Former chairwoman, Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce “Aging in Place Business Round Table”
- Founding Member and Secretary, Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce “Aging in Place Round Table”
- Founding Member, Augusta Chamber of Commerce “Aging in Place Round Table”
- Publisher, “Independent Lifestyles Newsletter” which publicizes resources for having a great life despite limitations.
- Former steering committee member, Livable for a Lifetime – a group of local organizations supporting barrier-free design in our community.
- Former co-leader of the Technology Committee, Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the National Association of Certified Professional Geriatric Care Managers (now the Aging Life Care Association.)
- Former team leader, Leadership Charlottesville “Changing Face of Charlottesville”, which educates leaders about aging in community.
- Former Board member, Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association (Leadership Charlottesville Class of 2008)