Founder and President of Care is There Geriatric Care Management
Certified Aging in Place Specialist
Certified Senior Advisor
434.326.5323 ext 2
Elizabeth has been a geriatric care manager for over 15 years, helping long distance caregivers prevent disruptions to their work and family life without pressuring their loved ones to make unwelcome lifestyle changes by implementing creative solutions that meet everyone’s needs simultaneously.
In addition to working directly with clients, Elizabeth produces online training that teaches family caregivers, professional care managers, and older adults how to make the best use of their care options and find win-win solutions to problems.
To learn Elizabeth’s tips, tricks, best practices and hacks, and to add to the conversation, join her Facebook Group: “Caregiving Long Distance.”
In addition to being the active president of Care is There, a Certified Senior Advisor* and a Certified Aging in Place Specialist, Elizabeth has served her community in the following capacities:
- Founder and Chairwoman, The Good Life Design Collaborative, a community group focused on educating, connecting, and inspiring senior citizen service professionals and consumers
- Chairwoman, Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce “Aging in Place Business Round Table”
- Founding Member and Secretary, Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce “Aging in Place Round Table”
- Founding Member, Augusta Chamber of Commerce “Aging in Place Round Table”
- Publisher, “Independent Lifestyles Newsletter” which publicizes resources for having a great life despite limitations.
- Steering committee member, Livable for a Lifetime – a group of local organizations supporting barrier-free design in our community.
- Co-leader of the Technology Committee, Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the National Association of Certified Professional Geriatric Care Managers (now the Aging Life Care Association.)
- Team leader, Leadership Charlottesville “Changing Face of Charlottesville”, which educates leaders about aging in community.
- Board member, Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association (Leadership Charlottesville Class of 2008)