Many of the clients referred to Care is There Geriatric Care Management come from elder law attorneys, and other businesses and service providers who work closely with those the elderly in our community. These attorneys refer their clients to us because they know just how much a geriatric care manager can help their elderly clients, as well as their clients’ loved ones.
Elder law attorney, Maria Baler, described the five way a geriatric care manager can help, and has helped, her clients. According to Maria, geriatric care managers can help by:
- Finding resources, and providers to help with daily tasks, like housekeeping, cooking, bathing, dressing, grocery shopping, and transportation.
- Providing advice on the types of housing options available, should you or your elderly loved one be ready to move from your home.
- Assisting in organizing a move from a hospital or rehabilitation center to a nursing home, short- or long-term care facility.
- Checking in on family, and reporting back to you, if you’re a child who lives far from your parents.
- Giving emotional support, as well as guiding you through the challenges that come with being a caregiver.
Want to learn more about how a geriatric care manager can help?
- Long Distance Caregiving
- Aging in Place
- Care for the Caregiver
- The Solutions section of our website
- AARP article “Geriatric Care Managers Advocate for Older Adults — and Their Caregivers“
Know someone who worries about their elderly parent in Charlottesville, Staunton, or Harrisonburg Virginia? Care is There Geriatric Care Management can help! Have them contact us for a free consultation: 434.326.5323 or email@example.com.