Peace of mind can be hard to come by when you’re caring for an elderly loved one. If it isn’t worrying about whether or not they are ok, it’s trying to organize your schedule around theirs or needing to run errands on their behalf instead of getting a bit of rest. Utilizing the services of a home care agency can make all the difference.
Care Advantage Plus, Charlottesville is one such agency. A franchise agency founded in 1988, their mission is to provide professional health and personal care services “whenever, wherever and whatever the need may be.” They offer:
- Companions for errands, doctor’s appointments, grocery shopping, housekeeping, medicine reminders, meal preparation and general companionship;
- Personal Care aides for all of the above and help with bathing, dressing, personal grooming and observation – so if there’s a health issue you’ve been monitoring, the aides will do the same; and
- Nurses for wound care, disease management, medicine administration and overall health care.
Not sure what type of care your loved one needs? See this article.
Care Advantage Plus Charlottesville offers services 24 hour a day and needs only two hours notice to provide assistance. Every client receives an in-depth, onsite evaluation by an experienced R.N., who will develop a personal care plan tailored to their health needs and their personal preferences and style of living.
Of special note is the Care Advantage Plus Charlottesville Discharge Service. Designed to help with the transition from hospital to home, a Care Advantage Plus Charlottesville caregiver will pick up your loved one from the hospital, stop at the pharmacy, help unpack, start laundry and prepare the meal – so your loved one can settle in without any hassle.
Here is a complete list of the services Offered by Care Advantage Plus:
- Personal Care Services
- Running Errands
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Transportation to Appointments
- Assistance with Laundry/Housekeeping
- 24 hour Live-ins
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Special Needs Care
- Medication Administration & Management
- Cardiac & Respiratory Care
- Wound Care
- Ventilator & Tracheotomy Patient Care
- Equipment assistance
- Medicaid Services
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- MR Waiver Services
- ED/CD Service Facilitator Services
- Disease Specific Care: Alzheimer’s, COPD, Osteoporosis, Arthritis, Diabtes, Parkinson’s, Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke
- Discharge Express
- Concierge Services
Contact Care Advantage Plus at (434) 973-2000 or visit their website for more.
For more articles like this, see: Long Distance Caregiving, Resources for Central Virginia, Aging in Place, Care for the Caregiver, Managing Medications.
Know someone who worries about their elderly parent in Charlottesville, Staunton, or Harrisonburg Virginia? Care is There Geriatric Care Management can help! Have them contact us for a free consultation: 434.326.5323 or email@example.com.
For more information about our services, and to read testimonials from our clients, visit our website. Also, view this short video about our care management services.
Elizabeth Swider, Geriatric Care Manager, Certified Senior Advisor
President, Care is There Geriatric Care Management
Support for independent living and long distance caregiving; assisted living enhancement
Leave a Reply