Warren’s House , located within The Village at Gordon House in Gordonsville, Virginia was created several years ago specifically devoted to the care of individuals with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other related disorders.
The original Warren’s House has been so successful in meeting the needs of this specialized population that a second Warren’s House has been created and is now open. Warren’s House offers innovative alternatives to enhance the quality of life offered to each individual. It features private and semi-private rooms within a dedicated, fully secured specialized care unit.
The sense of familiar surroundings in a caring, homelike environment which is the hallmark of The Village at Gordon House is carried through to Warren’s House.
Warren’s House features:
- A dedicated staff specially selected and trained to care for the dementia population (on-going training is our standard)
- High staff to resident ratio
- Individualized care plans with family participation
- Specialized daily activities
- Carefully designed floor plan, lighting and color schemes to promote a calm and relaxing atmosphere
- Adaptable dining program
- Memory boxes and activity stations to encourage reminiscing
- Secure outdoor garden and walkway
The central focus of Warren’s House is to respect and preserve the dignity of all the individuals served.
The Village at Gordon House is located at 501 North Main Street, Gordonsville, VA 22942
For more information about Warren’s House or about The Village at Gordon House, visit their website or contact Thomas E. May, Jr., Administrator, at (540) 832-2286 or Tommay.email@example.com.
For more articles like this, see: Resources for Central Virginia.
Know someone who worries about their elderly parent in Charlottesville, Staunton, or Harrisonburg Virginia? Care is There Geriatric Care Management can help! Have them contact me, Elizabeth, for a free consultation: 434.326.5323ext 2 or Elizabeth@careisthere.com.