JABA’s Mary Williams Community Center is now open in the historic and beautifully renovated Jefferson School City Center in Charlottesville Virginia.
The Center welcomes individuals and families of all ages with a focus on independent adults over 60. Whether it’s for health related or current events discussions, crafts, sewing, gardening, exercise programs, computer classes, games or field trips, our Center offers a gathering place and opportunity for different generations to build valuable relationships.
- Field Trips to local attractions and shopping
- Community gardening
- Tai Chi, Yoga and Meditation classes
- Nutritious and tasty lunch (donations accepted)
- Opportunities to build relationships between generations
- Health Screenings by an on-site nurse
- Health and community service presentations
- Musical performances and events
- Enriching arts & crafts activities including the Bags for Foster Children project
- FREE Jaunt rides to and from the center! (call for eligibility)
- Volunteer opportunities
- Fun, positive, social interaction and community
The Jefferson School City Center is the perfect location, since it includes a wide variety of community partners including:
- JABA’s Vinegar Hill Cafe
- Carver Recreation Center
- Piedmont Family YMCA Day Care Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- The Women’s Initiative
- And more!
For more articles like this, see: Resources for Central Virginia, Aging in Place
Know someone who worries about their elderly parent in Charlottesville, Staunton, or Harrisonburg Virginia? Care is There Geriatric Care Management can help! Have them contact me, Elizabeth, for a free consultation: 434.326.5323ext 2 or Elizabeth@careisthere.com.
For more information about our services, and to read testimonials from our clients, visit our website. Also, view this short video about our care management services.
Elizabeth Swider, Certified Senior Advisor and Certified Aging in Place Specialist
President, Care is There Geriatric Care Management
Support for independent living and long distance caregiving; assisted living enhancement
Leave a Reply