At Care is There Geriatric Care Management we’re always on the lookout for great meal solutions for seniors, so “Mom’s Meals” caught my eye.
Mom’s Meals are made from fresh, high-quality ingredients, are delivered directly to your loved one’s home in a refrigerated container, and remain fresh in the refrigerator for 14 – 18 days. The cost is approximately $6.99 per meal, dependent on the program you choose.
Advantages of Mom’s Meals:
- Designed by dietitians and prepared by chefs
- Each meal is prepared by hand, using fresh ingredients
- Meals arrive fresh, not frozen
- Choose from over 70 delicious meals
- Special diet menus available: low-fat, low-sodium, heart-healthy, diabetic- friendly, renal, gluten-free or vegetarian
- All meals are nutritionally balanced & complete with a protein, grain and vegetable
- Ready to eat and enjoy by heating three minutes in the microwave
Here’s a video of me unwrapping and tasting Mom’s Meals when they were delivered to my home:
I had a chance to meet Beth Burrough and David Ramsay of Mom’s Meals at the annual conference of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
They showed me the meals right out of the container. They look great – see my picture of their omelette, French toast sticks and sausage! You can also see a picture I took of the individual meal container and heating instructions.
For more information about Mom’s Meals, see their website or call 1-877-508-6667.
For more articles like this, see: Resources for Central Virginia, Aging in Place, Long Distance Caregiving.
Know someone who worries about their elderly parent in Charlottesville, Staunton, or Harrisonburg Virginia or Overland Park Kansas? Care is There Geriatric Care Management can help! Have them contact us for a free consultation: 800.434.1633 or Info@careisthere.com.
For more information about our services, and to read testimonials from our clients, visit our website. Also, view this short video about our care management services.
Linda Heatwole Bland says
Can I order for someone in Harrisonburg or prepay so they can order for themselves?
Elizabeth Swider says
Yep! Give them a call!