Injury and illness are trying experiences and rehabilitation is a critical step in restoring your independence.
UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital provides inpatient, outpatient and sports medicine to eligible patients. The hospital is also committed to our local Charlottesville, Virginia community. Hear more about that in the video below.
At CareisThere.com we provide details of the services offered by UVA HealthSouth. You can see a virtual tour of HealthSouth Rehabilitation Center at this link.
UVA HealthSouth’s website provides a breakdown of their daily schedule so you will know what to expect.
- There’s a lot of work to do, so the day starts early.
- Your nurse will visit you and provide you with any needed treatments.
- Nursing and/or therapy staff will help you to use the rest room, and get clean and dressed for the day.
- Breakfast is planned daily by your nutritionist and physician to account for your current medical needs.
- Patients typically have 2-3 therapy sessions in the morning before lunch. Your therapy schedule is provided to you each evening so you know what to expect the following day.
- Lunch is planned by your nutritionist and physician to account for your current medical needs.
- Your afternoon will also be spent in therapy sessions.
- Time for resting is provided between sessions, when needed.
- Nurses will check up on you through the day, provide you with needed treatments, and help you practice the activities you learn in therapy.
- Dinner is planned daily by your nutritionist and physician to account for your current medical needs.
- You have the evening free to visit with family and friends, relax, read or watch TV.
- Snacks are always available. Just ask.
- Nursing staff will help you with grooming, putting on your bedclothes and getting comfortable in bed.
- During the night, we work hard to minimize interruptions. We will check on you throughout the night and provide any needed treatments, but we won’t wake you unless it’s necessary.
- Throughout your stay, you will receive routine visits from a physician experienced in rehabilitation.
- Your case manager will also visit. The case manager coordinates your care, ensuring all needs are met and questions answered.
- Your doctor and case manager are always just a phone call away.
- Our recreation therapy department also provides community outings and organized activities for patients and families throughout the week to maximize the rehabilitation program through community re-entry and leisure activities.
Do you need help managing the care of an elderly loved one in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, or Staunton Virginia?
Contact us at Care is There Geriatric Care Management for a free consultation: 800.434.1633 or email@example.com. We specialize in geriatric care management, support for independent living, assisted living enhancement and peace of mind for long distance caregivers.