Transportation is a critical component to staying healthy and engaged in life. Unfortunately, safe and convenient transportation is not always easily accessible to people having difficulty with hearing, vision, memory or mobility.
One of the most difficult transitions for older adults is giving up the privilege of driving. Driving helps us feel free and in control, but if we are no longer able to drive safely, it is critical that we turn in the keys before we hurt ourselves or someone else.
At Care is There Geriatric Care Management, we can help your elderly loved one travel safely. See the related articles below for more information.
- How to Find Out if Your Elderly Parent is Safe to Drive In Virginia
- Transportation Options for Senior Citizens in Charlottesville Virginia
- Transportation Options for Senior Citizens in Harrisonburg Virginia
- JAUNT Demand-Responsive Transportation for People with Disabilities in Charlottesville
- Virginia Driving Safety Laboratory
- DriveAbility Adaptive Driving Program
- How to Hire a Home Helper or Companion in Virginia