Memory loss causes special challenges for older adults. People with memory loss can miss medical appointments, forget to pay bills, neglect personal hygiene and home maintenance, fail to eat nutritious meals, get lost while driving, and be unable to manage their medications.
If your loved one is experiencing memory loss, you can help them live a fulfilling life by ensuring they have a care manager – either a professional like those at Care is There Geriatric Care Management, or a friend or loved one that chooses to play this important and fulfilling role. Memory loss can be caused by many factors, some of which are treatable.
For assistance finding a solution that will work best for your loved one , contact Care is There at 800.434.1633 or Info@CareisThere.com
- Forgetfulness, Knowing When to Ask for Help
- Legal Planning for those with memory loss
- Dementia Causes, Symptoms, Progression
- How the Brain Works and Stages of Dementia
- Enhancing Communication with a Person Who Has Dementia
- Dementia Behaviors: How to Understand and Manage Them
- Creating an Effective Environment for a Person Who Has Dementia
- Care Coordination