Almost everyone prefers to age in place - to remain living in their own home as long as possible. To remain successfully independent at home, it's best to be proactive.
This starts with making a plan for successful aging in your own home.
There are many services, products and resources that can fill the gaps created when an older adult experiences physical or cognitive problems, loses a longtime life partner, or simply wants to make life easier. Creating a plan for successful aging in place can increase the likelihood that older adults living at home will remain safe, well, and happy.
How We Can Help
If you would like an assessment to find out if your home can support your changing needs, or help creating and maintaining a plan of Support For Independent Living, the geriatric care managers at Care is There can help you and your loved ones: understand the options, choose an approach, monitor progress and suitability, and make adjustments as necessary. We visit your loved one often and stay in close contact with you throughout the process, which is especially helpful for long distance caregivers.
Central Virginia: 434.326.5323
Kansas City, Kansas: 913.815.1486
Toll Free: 800.434.1633
- Create a Plan for Living Successfully at Home
- Create Your Plan for Extended Care
- Home Security Tips
- Virginia Livable Home Tax Credit
- Charlottesville VA Reduces Permit Fees for Accessible Homes
- Installing Home Safety Equipment for your Elderly Loved One
- Walkers, Canes, Wheelchairs and Scooters – How to Choose, Pay for, and Maintain Them