If your loved one has complex health issues or is recovering from injury or surgery, your Care is There geriatric care manager can support them – and you – through the health care process.
She or he attends doctor appointments with your loved one, brings current medication lists and medical histories, records the doctor’s instructions, picks up prescriptions, and keeps you informed of progress.
When it’s time for the next step – going home or moving to a new care setting, she will be there to arrange the transition and support your loved one.
Making the Process Easier
Care is There geriatric care management can make the process easier for everyone by providing the following services:
- Attending doctor’s appointments with your loved one so that symptoms are reported accurately, and writing down the doctor’s conclusions and recommendations.
- Recording your loved one’s medication list and medical history, keeping it updated, and ensuring that various specialists are aware of all aspects of their care.
- Being present with and advocating for your loved one during routine procedures and in the event of a health care emergency.
- Helping to carry out health care instructions, including ensuring that prescriptions are filled and taken.
- Obtaining assistive devices like walkers, hearing aids, emergency alert devices, and ensuring they are utilized and remain in good repair.
- Arranging transitions to rehabilitation facilities, home health care, or a new residence.
Keeping you Informed
Even if you live far away from your loved one, you can be well informed of your loved one’s care. Care is There creates your own unique website so you can be in the loop without being in the fray! Read more about how we keep you informed.
Being a caregiver has many costs, especially if your loved one has complicated health needs: paying for expensive last-minute transportation, missing work or even losing a job, sacrificing family time or personal interests. Read more about the hidden costs of caregiving.
Care is There only charges you for services you choose, and can save you the costs of unnecessary sacrifices.
What Our Client Say
Read what our clients say about the impact of our services on their lives.
Contact us today for a free consultation about how geriatric care management can bring you peace of mind.