Care is There Geriatric Care Management is operated by a group of like-minded people whose goal is to provide quality care and access to the necessary resources. Every month, we’re shining the light on the people who make Care is There what it is – a group united by that common goal.
Our sixth installment of Team Spotlight features Trish Kenney, a lifestyle coordinator at Care is There. We sat down with her to ask her about the life of a lifestyle coordinator and working with Care is There.
How long have you been working at Care is There?
I have been working for Care is There since May of 2012.
What do you do at Care is There?
As a Lifestyle Coordinator, over the past three years my commitments have varied depending on the needs of my clients. Some of my responsibilities have included:
- Assisting senior couples and their adult children in planning and coordinating their relocation from private homes to continuing care facilities and helping on all levels with their transitions (e.g., liaising with the moving company, real estate agent, continuing care marketing personnel, financial investors, attorneys and more.)
- Advocating for clients at appointments with professionals including primary care physicians, medical specialists, insurance agents, auto dealers and any other professional my clients would like assistance with.
- Exploring clients’ interests on a personal level and assisting them in reconnecting to the activities they most enjoy (e.g., weekly poetry seminars, exercise classes, rediscovering artistic pursuits, reading poetry and novels aloud, watching movies, trail and garden walks, reminiscing about travel adventures, shopping, dining out, etc.)
- Coordinating with continuing care facility staff, family and medical personnel to help ensure that medical information is communicated across groups so that medical and personal client needs are met
- Facilitating clear communication among family members and friends as a caring and involved advocate for my clients
What is the most satisfying thing about working at Care is There?
I love advocating for my clients and helping them communicate their wishes, thoughts, ideas and concerns to others. My best moments with Care is There have occurred when I know I’ve connected a client with something or someone who brings them heartfelt joy.
Read Trish’s profile at CareisThere.com or meet the entire team on our “Team” page.
For more articles like this, see: News and Events, Team Spotlight.
Do you need help managing the care of an elderly loved one in Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, or Staunton Virginia or in Kansas City or Overland Park, Kansas?
Contact us at Care is There Geriatric Care Management for a free consultation: 800.434.1633 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We specialize in geriatric care management, support for independent living, assisted living enhancement and peace of mind for long distance caregivers.
Leave a Reply